Entrance to Campus off Rockville Pike
The main entrance to the school is located off Rockville Pike.
View of MacKavanagh Hall
MacKavanagh Hall houses 12 classrooms, three science labs, a language lab, lecture hall, and administrative offices. It was named for Rev. Kelvin T. MacKavanagh (1907-1961).
Statue of St. Ignatius in the Yard
The statue depicts St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits. His statue serves as a model of the Jesuit way of life for the Prep community. The bronze statue was installed in 2002 in the middle of the Yard. It was donated by an alumnus, who wished to remain anonymous.
Chapel of Our Lady
The Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes, dedicated in 1933, was made possible by a generous contribution from an anonymous donor. It features late Italian Renaissance architecture as well as marble and stone from France, Germany, Greece and Italy. Over the years, benefactors have provided the chapel with additional items, including statues of the Virgin Mary and the Little Flower in 1934, and a brass processional cross and brass crucifix in 1935.
Inside the Chapel
Back exterior of the Chapel
Today, the chapel seats approximately 500 people. Mass is held daily during the school year and is open to all students and faculty.
Haas Humanities Building
The Frederick and Elizabeth Haas Humanities Building serves as the venue for Prep's fine arts. The building, which opened in 1994, contains the 480-seat Figge Theater, an art studio, a computer lab and six classrooms. Theatrical productions, concerts and assemblies are all held in the Haas Building.
Looking out from Haas into the Quad
South Room in Boland Hall
The South Room is the main dining area for all students on campus. It is located in Boland Hall. Lunch is provided for all students, faculty and staff each school day. Prep’s dining services also provides all other meals for resident students (breakfast, dinner, snacks, weekend brunch etc).
View of the nine-hole Golf Course
The Prep golf course offers a near regulation length nine-hole facility via a three hole golf course loop with eight greens, creating nine holes of different lengths, strategy and looks. The course includes a driving range and short game practice facilities, as well as a shorter six hole course for beginners. The driving range tee and landing area are shared with the golf course use, and are used at different times.
Another view of the Golf Course
The course was designed by Joe Hills, son of famed golf course designer Arthur Hills.
Hanley Center for Athletic Excellence
The George Center
The George Center is the newest building on campus. Opened in 2010, it is always abuzz with student activity. It houses classrooms, the Saul Library, Hoya Cafe, Recording Studio and open spaces for students to gather, relax and have fun.
The 52 Jesuit seals that line the breezeway in the George Center
The breezeway of the George Center provides a visual history of Jesuit education, with the seals of 52 Jesuit schools. Read more about the history of Jesuit education and Prep's mission in "Jesuit Mission & Identity".
Gunlocke Hall is the residence hall for freshman boarding students. There are two floors of student rooms, suites for members of the residential life staff, a lounge, and a patio.
Side view of Gunlocke Hall
Dedicated in 1971, the building was named for benefactors Howard W. Gunlocke '29, and his son William H. Gunlocke '65.