Prep's varsity lacrosse team dropped their regular season finale at home on Tuesday afternoon to Bullis. The Hoyas tied the game at one midway through the first quarter on a James Flannery '19 goal before Bullis scored to close out the first quarter. Bullis added another goal before Prep added two goals to close out the first half. Bullis led 5-3 at halftime.
Bullis increased their lead to five goals in the third quarter before Prep trimmed the Bulldog lead to two in the final quarter. Bullis increased their lead to three with two minutes left, but Prep battled back with two late goals to cut the Bullis lead to one. Unfortunately, Prep was unable to score late and Bullis held on for the 10-9 win.
Prep secured the I.A.C.'s number three seed in the conference tournament with a 3-2 league record. The Hoyas hosted Episcopal High School, the number six seed, in the quarterfinals of the I.A.C. tournament. After an even first quarter, Prep scored five unanswered goals and went into halftime with a 7-3 lead. Prep went on to win 14-4.
Prep will travel to Bullis, the number two seed, to take on the Bulldogs in the I.A.C. semifinals tomorrow, Tuesday, May 8, at 6:00 p.m.
Prep is 9-7 for the season,
Varsity Baseball Wins 2018 I.A.C. Regular Season Championship
The Georgetown Prep varsity baseball team won the 2018 Interstate Athletic Conference (I.A.C.) regular title on May 3 with a 5-2 victory over Landon.
The Hoyas went 8-2 in conference play including season sweeps against Bullis, Episcopal High School and St. Stephen's & St. Agnes. Prep outscored their I.A.C. opponents 54-26 in ten league games. The Hoyas' defense posted two shutouts and allowed more than four runs only once in conference play.
The Hoyas enter the I.A.C. tournament as the conference's one seed. Prep will host Bullis in the I.A.C. semifinals on Monday, May 7, at 4:30 p.m.
Prep's overall record is now 14-9 and 8-2 in the I.A.C.
The Prep rugby team lost a close match up Good Counsel, 17-14, in the playoffs to end their 2018 season.
The Hoyas conclude their season with a 7-4 overall record.
The Hoyas continued their remarkable 2018 season with an undefeated regular season steak. Prep took on Landon at Needwood on Monday to close out their regular season schedule. Prep defeated Landon by 13 stokes, 182-195.
Prep will compete next in the Washington Metropolitan Championships (Metros) next Tuesday, May 15 at PB Dye.
Prep is 9-0 on the season and 5-0 in I.A.C. conference match play.
Prep's varsity tennis team lost a close match to Landon on Tuesday to close out their regular season. Prep secured the number two seed in the conference tournament.
Prep will host St. Albans tomorrow, Tuesday, May 8, at 4:15 p.m. in the I.A.C. semifinals.
The Hoyas are 8-2 on the year.
Track and Field
Prep will compete in the I.A.C. championships this week at St. Albans. Prep will travel to St. Albans on Thursday, May 10 at 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, May 12 at 5:00 p.m.
Spring Sports Schedules
- Monday, May 7: Varsity baseball hosts Bullis at 4:30 p.m. in the I.A.C. tournament semifinals.
- Tuesday, May 8: Varsity lacrosse is away at Bullis at 6:00 p.m. in the I.A.C. tournament semifinals.
- Tuesday, May 8: Varsity tennis hosts St. Albans at 4:30 p.m. in the I.A.C. tournament semifinals.
- Wednesday, May 9: Varsity baseball championship series game 1. TBD.
- Thursday, May 10: Varsity tennis championship. TBD.
- Thursday, May 10: I.A.C. track championships at St. Albans at 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 11: Varsity baseball championship series game 2. TBD.
- Friday, May 11: Varsity lacrosse championship. TBD.
- Saturday, May 12: Varsity baseball championship series game 3. TBD.
- Saturday, May 12: I.A.C. track championships at St. Albans at 5:00 p.m.
Dan Paro '79