Georgetown Prep places an enormous emphasis on diversity and the inclusion of students from all over the world in the student body. On average, over 100 international students apply per year for approximately 20 spots in the boarding program. It is a very competitive process and we are looking for students who set themselves apart and will contribute to our rich Jesuit tradition.
With a small admissions office, tours must be scheduled in advance and are subject to limited availability. Unscheduled visits and tours cannot be accommodated by the office.
- 67% of the student population is Catholic
- China currently has the largest portion of students from a foreign country at the school, with 5-8 students per incoming class. We also have students from throughout Asia, Latin America, Africa, and Europe
- The Admissions Office provides the I-20 form for a visa upon acceptance as well as instructions for the F1 visa
- Admissions interviews for international applicants may be done via Skype, though we prefer students to visit campus in person
- International applicants must include an image of their passport with their application materials
- Georgetown Prep offers ESL both during the school year and in the summer
- The TOEFL is required. We will determine ESL placement, if necessary.
- The SSAT is required. The average scaled score is 2070 and the average SSAT Percentile rank is 60th percentile
- Only materials required for the application should be sent in to the office. Anything additional will not be considered, including grades from years before 6th grade, additional personal statements, certificates, and materials that are not translated
- Financial Aid: Due to the difficulties in documenting foreign income, financial aid is generally not available to international applicants
Georgetown Prep has recently partnered with Vericant, a China-based organization that assists independent schools in interviewing students from mainland China. To make good use of the interview process and get to know our Chinese applicants better, applicants residing in and attending school in mainland China are required to interview with Vericant before scheduling a visit and interview with Georgetown Prep.
Vericant will conduct preliminary interviews with candidates and offer short writing prompts. Please note that Vericant does not evaluate candidates; rather Vericant sends all information to Prep’s Admissions Office for assessment. The Admissions office at Prep will then select students from among the completed Vericant interviews and determine which students will be offered a second interview with a member of the Prep Admission team. Invited families may elect to interview on campus or via Skype.
The Vericant interview will give you an excellent opportunity to showcase your personality and skills to our admissions team and is a required component of the completed application for all Chinese applicants.
Please note that your Prep application fee does not include costs associated with the Vericant interview. Contact Vericant to schedule an appointment in a city near you. For interview scheduling and fee information, please follow this link. Interviews with Vericant must be completed by January 2020. Note that the admissions team will reach out between 2-3 weeks after receipt of Vericant materials.
- I am already studying in the U.S. this year. Do I have to interview with Vericant?
- What is the Vericant deadline for your school?
- I plan to visit campus. Do I have to interview with Vericant?
- How many Chinese students do you plan to enroll this year?
- How do I apply after your January deadline?
- I work with a consultant. Do I have to interview with Vericant?
The Vericant deadline is January 2020. Students who complete a Vericant interview will not have a second interview with Prep Admissions. Your Vericant interview will complete the required admissions interview. An admissions team member will reach out directly between 2-3 weeks after receiving materials from Vericant.
Although this date has passed, you may still contact Vericant for your interview. We will review your application materials and Vericant interview as spaces remain available. To learn more about Vericant and schedule an interview, please visit www.vericant.com/students. Your Vericant interview will satisfy our interview requirement; no further Skype or campus interview will be required after January.