Georgetown Prep places an enormous emphasis on diversity and the inclusion of students from all over the world in the student body. On average, over 100 international students apply per year for approximately 20 spots in the boarding program. It is a very competitive process and we are looking for students who set themselves apart and will contribute to our rich Jesuit tradition.
With a small admissions office, tours must be scheduled in advance and are subject to limited availability. Unscheduled visits and tours cannot be accommodated by the office. Tours are unavailable from November - March due to our interview schedule.
- 67% of the student population is Catholic.
- China currently has the largest portion of students from a foreign country at the school. We also have students from throughout Asia, Latin America, Africa, and Europe.
- The Admissions Office provides the I-20 form for a visa upon acceptance as well as instructions for the F1 visa.
- Admissions interviews for international applicants may be done via Skype.
- International applicants must include an image of their passport with their application materials
- Georgetown Prep offers ESL both during the school year and in the summer
- The TOEFL is required. We will determine ESL placement, if necessary.
- The SSAT is required. The average scaled score is 2070 and the average SSAT Percentile rank is 60th percentile
- Only materials required for the application should be sent in to the office. Anything additional will not be considered, including grades from years before 6th grade, additional personal statements, certificates, and materials that are not translated
- Financial Aid: Due to the difficulties in documenting foreign income, financial aid is generally not available to international applicants
Georgetown Prep partners with Vericant, a China-based organization that assists independent schools in interviewing students from mainland China. To make good use of the interview process and get to know our Chinese applicants better, applicants residing in and attending school in mainland China are required to interview with Vericant before scheduling a visit and interview with Georgetown Prep.
Vericant will conduct preliminary interviews with candidates and offer short writing prompts. Please note that Vericant does not evaluate candidates; rather Vericant sends all information to Prep’s Admissions Office for assessment. In most cases, the Vericant interview will complete the interview requirement for the application.
The Vericant interview will give you an excellent opportunity to showcase your personality and skills to our admissions team and is a required component of the completed application for all Chinese applicants.
Please note that your Prep application fee does not include costs associated with the Vericant interview. Contact Vericant to schedule an appointment in a city near you. For interview scheduling and fee information, please follow this link. Interviews with Vericant must be completed by January 2020.