Congratulations to the members of Georgetown Prep's basketball, hockey, indoor track, swimming and diving, and wrestling teams who earned All-Met honors from The Washington Post for their outstanding play this winter.
Prep's swimming and diving team won the Washington Metropolitan Championships on February 9 and won their nineteenth consecutive I.A.C. title. Coach Matt Mongelli '93 was named All-Met Coach of the Year.
The varsity hockey team won the I.A.C. tournament championship with a 2-1 victory over Landon on February 14. The Hoyas won a share of the I.A.C. regular season championship. Senior captain James Flannery '19 was named All-Met Player of the Year.
The varsity basketball team finished their season with a 13-10 record while the varsity wrestling team placed third in the I.A.C. tournament. The indoor track team won the Jesuit Invitational and
Eleven Prep student-athletes received All-Met honors:
- DeJean Desire '19, honorable mention
- James Flannery '19, first-team and Player of the Year
- Clay Lanham '19, second-team
- Alex Chaconas '20, honorable mention
- Elon Granston '20, honorable mention
- Patrick Fitzgerald '21, honorable mention
- Odera Nweke '19, honorable mention
Swimming and Diving:
- Brett Feyerick '21, first-team
- Dylan Danaie '21, honorable mention
- David Fitch '21, honorable mention
- Kyonte' Hamilton '21, second-team
Photo of James Flannery '19 courtesy of The Washington Post.