This year marks the 100th anniversary of Georgetown Preparatory School's move from the Georgetown University campus to its present location in Garrett Park. To celebrate the centennial anniversary, we will share a series of posts to offer a glimpse into the 1919-1920 school year.
September 16, 1919Four Jesuits, including the Rev. John A. Morning, S.J., Headmaster (pictured right), and William L. Carney, a lay teacher from Boston, welcomed the first resident students to the new Georgetown Prep campus. By the end of the day, 32 students had arrived. This first class was composed primarily of freshmen along with a few 8th graders.