Thank you for your interest in Georgetown Prep!
Founded in 1789, Georgetown Preparatory School is a Jesuit, Catholic college preparatory day and boarding school for boys in North Bethesda, Maryland. Prep’s commitment to the 450 year-old Ignatian paradigm of a rigorous liberal arts curriculum emphasizes reflection, discernment, scholarly and programmatic excellence and personal responsibility. The curriculum exposes students to a breadth of knowledge and calls for critical evaluation and self-examination. Students are taught in small classes where they participate in active discussion with teachers and an atmosphere of genuine concern for the personal growth of the individual is fostered.
The faculty hiring season for Prep is routinely March and April, with employment each year commencing around August 15. Those interested in having a faculty application on file may submit an application at any time to Denise Hitt at email@example.com. Completed applications should include a résumé and letter of intent.
Title: Director of Alumni Relations
Department: Development and Alumni Relations
Reports to: Director of Development
Summary of Position Purpose
Georgetown Preparatory School announces the position of Director of Alumni Relations to conceive, direct, manage, and implement a comprehensive alumni relations program for the School. The director will be responsible for assisting the leadership of the Alumni Association with strategic vision and leadership for its alumni body of over 5,700 with a particular emphasis on identifying, engaging and cultivating alumni.
The director will manage all functions of alumni relations, including working in partnership with the Alumni Association to craft and execute an Alumni Association annual plan; planning and running special events designed for alumni; and implementing services and activities that engage alumni and encourage participation in the life of the Georgetown Prep community.
The director is a member of the Development and Alumni Relations team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, and promote alumni programs that support the Georgetown Prep's Strategic Plan as well as the goals of the Development and Alumni Relations office;
- Establish and build relationships with alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally as appropriate; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, electronic newsletters, alumni web pages, and print publications;
- Execute a communications program supporting alumni annual giving;
- Recruit and develop class agents, event chairs, and Annual Fund chairs; regularly communicate with the chairs and provide support for their work;
- Initiate, coordinate, and manage activities of the Alumni Association and other alumni volunteers;
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records, capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), print and electronic correspondence, website, etc.;
- Serve as point of contact for the Georgetown Prep Alumni Association (GPAA) and identify future volunteers for the committee;
- Manage the GP Business Network and Student Alumni Association;
- Oversee and balance, in conjunction with the Director of Development, the budget for Alumni Relations; manage existing and/or supplementary alumni related programs, services and communications;
- Raise funds for select special alumni projects and events including the Little Hoya Golf Classic;
- Recruit alumni volunteers and manage and direct programs in which they are involved;
- Serve as the contact person for alumni, parents, and others interested in information, services, and programs related to alumni;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Five to seven (5 to 7) years of experience in alumni relations, development, and/or a related field;
- The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement, and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers;
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment;
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines;
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated personal solicitation experience;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of database research and maintenance; experience with Veracross a plus;
- Ability to work with students, as well as volunteers of all ages;
- Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends as warranted;
- Familiarity with Catholic and Jesuit education is a plus.
All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants received by September 15, 2018 will receive highest consideration.
Georgetown Preparatory School seeks to engage a part-time mathematics teacher as a long-term substitute for the second semester of the 2018-19 academic year. The teacher will substitute for a faculty member on family leave beginning in April and the position will terminate at the end of the school year. Applicants should have a math background and be able to teach advanced algebra and trigonometry topics. Important qualities should include energy, enthusiasm, desire to communicate and work with young men, and an appreciation of Jesuit educational ideals and purposes.
Georgetown Preparatory School, located outside Washington, DC and founded in 1789, is an independent, Jesuit, college preparatory, residential and day school for young men in grades 9-12. Enrollment is 490. Average class size is 16.
All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Mrs. Denise Hitt at email@example.com.