Alumni Service Corps
The Alumni Service Corps is a ten-month program (August to June) for young Georgetown Prep graduates who are dedicated to service and community life. Participants work on campus and live in the residential dorms. In addition to housing, Georgetown Prep provides meals, medical insurance, and a modest living stipend.
ASC members work in a variety of roles at Prep, in the classroom, in Campus Ministry, in Residential life, in athletics, in extracurriculars, etc. Work assignment depending on an individual’s degree work and experience and Prep’s needs. Their work is complimented by a community and spiritual life program called Magis.
Applying to the Alumni Service Corps
1. Complete the application form.
2. Submit a resume and provide the names of at least three references.
3. Submit a letter expressing your interest, and a personal statement addressing the following topics:
- What you would bring to the program;
- What you hope to gain by being a part of it; and
- Your experience and understanding of service.
4. Applicants may be invited to campus for an interview at a mutually agreed upon time. Typically, interviews are scheduled for when an applicant is in area, e.g., over spring break. Applicants interview with the Headmaster and the ASC Moderator.