- Who can use Georgetown Prep's EverTrue Community app?
- How do I get the EverTrue Community app on my mobile device?
- How do I log in to the Georgetown Prep community?
- Which of my email addresses do I use to sign up for the app?
- Can I login with more than one email address?
- What does it mean when my information is under review?
- How do I navigate to settings in the app?
- How do I log out of the app?
- How do I connect my LinkedIn?
- Why should I connect my LinkedIn account?
- How do I customize my privacy settings or update my contact information?
- What if I am a member of several communities using the EverTrue app? Can I join more than one community? How do I switch between them?
- How do I search for people using the directory?
- How do I search for people nearby?
- Who are my Classmates?
- Who are my Professionals to Know?
- Can I access Georgetown Prep's social media feeds directly from the app?
- Can I remove my profile from the app? If so, how?
Like most online platforms, you will set a unique username/email and password to access our community. Whether you create a new set of credentials or login using LinkedIn, only one email can be used to access the community. If you wish to change your login email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can login to the app using your LinkedIn credentials, which will automatically connect your LinkedIn account to your profile. However, if you choose to authenticate using a different email and password, you can still connect your LinkedIn account via settings. Simply click the gear icon at the top right of the menu page and enable LinkedIn.
The app allows you to connect and network with other people using LinkedIn. Being connected via LinkedIn also enhances some of the app’s built-in features, like Professionals to Know and other filtering options.
Once you are connected via LinkedIn, you can view information that people have included in their LinkedIn profiles along with the number of connections you have in common. Anything marked as private in LinkedIn remains private. Don’t forget to list Georgetown Prep in the education section of your LinkedIn profile, and be sure to join the Georgetown Prep LinkedIn group!
Unless otherwise indicated, your primary contact information will be visible in the app.
If you wish to customize your settings so that particular information will not be visible to other constituents, go to your profile and click the “Suggest an Update” button located at the bottom of your screen. You will then be given a free text box to submit any updates and/or privacy requests you wish to make.
EverTrue gives you the ability to not only be a member of any and all communities that you belong to, but also switch between communities quickly. You can use the same credentials for all communities you belong to as long as each organization has that email in their database. To switch between communities, go to settings and select “Change Community.”
Click on the Nearby tab in the sidebar navigation. A map will appear with pushpins indicating people in your area. Clicking on one of these pushpins will open that alum’s listing in the directory. To view that alum’s full profile, click the round information button to the right of their name. You may also click the List icon in the bottom right corner of the map to view a list of people nearby.
Are you traveling or looking to meetup with Georgetown Prep alums in other cities? You may search for users across the globe by entering any zip code, city, state or country in the search bar at the top of the screen. The map feature will navigate to that location and show you constituents listed in that part of the world.
To search for an alum by name in the map feature, click on the magnifying glass/search icon at the top right of the map. You can also use the magnifying glass for more advanced search and filter options.
If you would like to keep your record/profile hidden to other users, use the "Hide My Information" toggle under Settings (the gear icon in the top right of the menu screen) after logging into the app. Alternatively, you can contact us via the "Suggest an Update" button at the bottom of your profile (in the app) to assist you with this suppression.
Do you have questions not answered here? If so, please contact Dani Perraut DeWitt, Associate Director of Development, or call (301) 214-1264.