Laying of the Wreaths at Arlington Cemetery
Saturday, December 18, 2021
ATTENTION: Unfortunately we have reached max capacity for this year's trip. Please try again next year!
We invite you to participate in the Laying of the Wreaths ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery on Saturday, December 18 to honor those veterans who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country. This has been an uplifting and meaningful tradition at Georgetown Prep and we are thrilled to be back in person.
Due to restrictions for this year, registration is required prior to the event. You must register as a volunteer and will be required to show your email confirmation as proof of entry along with your photo identification.
If you plan to attend the event with the group meeting at Prep, you must use the form below to sign up (this includes transportation to and from the event, as well as a ticket). We have a limited number of tickets available. Registration closes at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 15.
If you plan to ride separately, you will need to secure your own ticket for entry and can do so using this link. The group’s tickets are for the 10:00 a.m. entrance at the Memorial Gate (located at the end of Memorial Avenue just west of Arlington Memorial Bridge and Potomac Park).
The schedule of activities is posted below. We will be taking a bus from George Circle, but for those riding separately, please plan to meet at the McClellan Arch in Arlington National Cemetery just prior to 10:00 a.m. for a group picture.
- 8:00 a.m. Meet in front of George Circle for coffee and donuts (and IZES Bagels!).
- 8:30 a.m. A bus will depart promptly at 8:30 a.m.
**Drop off and pick up will likely be across the Arlington Memorial Bridge. Long stretches of walking may be required.
- 10:00 a.m. Group will enter through the Memorial Gate then meet at the McClellan Arch in Arlington National Cemetery for the start of the ceremony at 10:30 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. Bus departs for Georgetown Prep. You may stay or leave at your own leisure.
1. Proof of registration will be required for every attendee/volunteer – please bring confirmation to be scanned.
2. All visitors 16 years of age and older must present valid photo identification upon entering the cemetery. Original documentation is required. Paper copies or cell phone photos of identification are not accepted.
- Visitors 18 years of age and older must present a valid U.S. state or federal government-issued photo identification for entry.
- Visitors 16 and 17 years old who do not have a U.S. state or federal government-issued photo identification may present official school-issued photo identification for entry.