Department: Headmaster's Office
Reports to: President
Summary of Position
Georgetown Preparatory School announces an opening in the position of Headmaster. The Headmaster will be an integral part of Georgetown Prep's leadership team and is a member of the President’s Cabinet. The Headmaster is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school.
The following administrators report directly to the Headmaster: Assistant Headmaster, Dean of Students, Director of Admissions, Director of College Counseling, Athletic Director, Director of Residential Life, Director of Counseling Services, and the Dean of Faculty. Under the direction of the President, the Headmaster will manage the school's educational platform, make and implement school policy, and oversee faculty recruitment and development. As the academic leader of the school, the Headmaster directs, plans, develops, and implements the curriculum.
Other duties include:
- Oversees the school's curriculum and academic profile grounded in a 227 year commitment to Jesuit and Catholic identity.
- Responsible for hiring and evaluation of all faculty.
- Maintains a visible presence throughout the school community.
- Ensures all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the school are appropriately coordinated and effectively carried out.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the school's master academic schedule.
- Oversees the class scheduling process.
- Oversees the integration of classroom technology, professional development, and technology support.
- Oversees the school's admissions office, and in consultation with the President, is responsible for attracting and retaining a student body that is consistent with the mission of the school.
- Maintains records and transcripts for present and past students in accordance with current laws and regulations, and insures that health and safety records for current students are properly maintained.
- Responsible for assisting the President in the development of the school's annual budget.
- Directs Middle States Reaccreditation and Maryland Province Sponsorship Review processes.
- Assists the President in implementing the school's Strategic Plan directives.
- Provides quarterly reports to the President and Board of Trustees on the state of the school.
Only those applications that demonstrate the following four minimum qualifications will be considered for the position:
1. Master’s degree.
2. Minimum of three years of successful performance in academic administration (preferably as a principal, assistant principal, or program director).
3. Commitment to Catholic and Jesuit education.
4. Relevant teaching background.
Please send a resume, a letter of interest which includes a brief statement of educational philosophy, and three references with current phone numbers and e-mail addresses to Mrs. Michele Strachan, Executive Assistant to the President, email@example.com, by October 1, 2015. Applications will be held in confidence with the President and Search Committee.