Under general supervision of Georgetown Preparatory School’s Aquatic Director and Hanley Center for Athletics Excellence General Manager, performs lifeguarding duties as required.
Examples of Duties
- Prevents injuries by minimizing and eliminating hazardous situations or behaviors in and around the swimming pools.
- Remains alert and provides constant and thorough surveillance of area of responsibility.
- Recognizes and responds to all emergencies.
- Administers first aid and CPR when needed.
- Provides emergency care.
- Enforces and abides by all facility and pool rules and regulations.
- Provides excellent customer service by directing swimmers, instructors, coaches, and GP faculty and students to proper lanes, locker rooms, etc., provides answers to questions, and maintains a safe, clean, and friendly environment.
- Keeps all CPR, Lifeguarding Training, and First Aid certifications up-to-date and current at all times.
- Assists in maintaining the general appearance of the aquatic area including pool, surrounding deck, pump room, and equipment room
- Supports the Aquatic Director and Hanley Center staff and performs related duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Lifeguards must possess a current, up-to-date certification in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and Community First Aid or equivalent.
Lifeguards are responsible for keeping all required certifications up-to-date and current. Lifeguards must posses the physical ability to perform all required lifeguard duties and pass in-service training drills.
Education and Experience
Must be at least 16 years of age, have current certification, and experience is preferable.
Previous lifeguarding experience and customer service experience. Possession of current Montgomery County Pool Operator’s license or equivalent.
Lifeguards may be required to work for special events, weekends, and holidays.
Please send all inquires to the Aquatics Director, Debbie Conners, firstname.lastname@example.org.