Thank you for your interest in Georgetown Prep!
Founded in 1789, Georgetown Preparatory School is a Jesuit, Catholic college preparatory day and boarding school for boys in North Bethesda, Maryland. Prep’s commitment to the 450 year-old Ignatian paradigm of a rigorous liberal arts curriculum emphasizes reflection, discernment, scholarly and programmatic excellence and personal responsibility. The curriculum exposes students to a breadth of knowledge and calls for critical evaluation and self-examination. Students are taught in small classes where they participate in active discussion with teachers and an atmosphere of genuine concern for the personal growth of the individual is fostered.
The faculty hiring season for Prep is routinely March and April, with employment each year commencing around August 15. Those interested in having a faculty application on file may submit an application at any time to Denise Hitt at email@example.com. Completed applications should include a résumé and letter of intent.
Georgetown Preparatory School is currently seeking a Visual Arts/Digital Media teacher for an immediate second semester substitution. The teacher will substitute for a faculty member on family leave beginning in January and the position will terminate at the end of the leave in June. All candidates must be capable of teaching a 9th grade art survey course. Ideal candidates will be well versed in technology as it pertains to the visual arts and contemporary practices, including graphic design, animation, photography. Candidates should also demonstrate competence in teaching drawing and painting as well as guiding college-bound art students in the preparation of portfolios for college applications.
Candidates must hold a BA or BFA in visual arts or arts education; Masters degree preferred. Applicants must be enthusiastic, energetic, and willing to teach as a member of a team, in conjunction with the other department members. The ideal applicant will also have experience with and appreciation for the Jesuit model of education, and the desire to train and care for the whole student in accordance with the Jesuit philosophy of cura personalis.
Georgetown Preparatory School, located outside Washington, DC and founded in 1789, is an independent, Jesuit, college preparatory, residential and day school for young men in grades 9-12. Enrollment is 490. Average class size is 16.
Georgetown Prep requires a commitment to the mission and values of the school, as well as the willingness to contribute to the co-curricular program.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience.
All interested candidates should submit to Ms. Denise Hitt, Assistant to the Headmaster, the following:
- A letter of interest
Due to the growing population of Chinese students within our dorms, Georgetown Prep’s Residential Program is seeking a Mandarin proficient applicant to serve as both a mentor to the students and a liaison between the school and their parents and guardians. In addition to assisting with communications, all applicants would be required to serve as a Dorm Parent within the Residential Program.
- Assist the Dean of Residential Life and other administrators with communications between the school and the parents and guardians of our Chinese speaking students.
- Help the school and Resident Staff to ease the transition into American high school life for our students coming from the Chinese educational system.
- Assist the Dean of Residential Life in the implementation of the Residential Life Curriculum and in fostering the “cura personalis” of the boarders.
- Be on duty 1 night a week, and up to 1 weekend every 3 weeks.
- Encourage and facilitate boarding student participation in weeknight and weekend activities.
Qualifications for the position:
- Proficiency in Mandarin
- Commitment to and familiarity with the Jesuit educational philosophy and mission
- Bachelor’s degree and interest in boarding school education
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to drive minibuses when on duty.
- Proven record of leadership positions in collaborative working environments
- Dynamic enthusiasm, energy, and the ability to work hard and long hours
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, and willingness to work in a continually changing environment
- Stipend based on experience and responsibilities
- Room and Board
- Access to all school facilities
- Optional Medical and Dental
- Wi-Fi access and cable in room
All interested candidates should submit to Denise Hitt, Assistant to the Headmaster, the following:
1. A letter of interest
3. A response to the following: Describe how boarding can enhance an educational experience for a student and explain how you might facilitate that as a member of the Georgetown Prep Residential Life team. (Maximum Response: 1000 words).